Thursday, July 23, 2009

Raindrops keep falling on my head...

do do d'doah.

Got the tune yet?

Yes, it is raining outside in the little part of the world in which I live, and for some inexplicable reason, I feel the need to blog about it.

Rain means little outdoor work will get done by me today. Not much different than the last few days, because I got my full of my overgrown gardens last week and needed a break from them. But it also means I won't be needing to hand water my plants that are still settling in. Hurray for steady rain drops!

After starting my morning coffee, I pulled on my daughters yellow raincoat with the lovely plaid lining, and ventured to move my flower pots from the covered front porch out to the stone walk so they could get a fresh drink of unaltered H20. It's amazing what real water from Heaven above will do for plants that the hose water won't. Don't you think?

Anyway, I'm thanking God this morning for the gift of rain and man-invented hydro, of which I'm certain He inspired, because I can write guilt free this morning--no gardens calling me hither--way too muck for anything to get accomplished out there. And while the gardens get their drink of Heaven's blessing, I'll be a good steward and write His answer.

May Our Heavenly Father bestow many answers on me and you today!


Surrendering to Him,

Eileen

10 comments:

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

I noticed a few clouds out this morning and my heart smiled. I love rain, but am not holding my breath for rain during a Texas summer! lol
Enjoy your writing time!

Katie Ganshert said...

It's been raining like crazy here in Iowa. Finally a nice day today. I like rain, especially at night. Happy guilt-free writing!

Stephanie Faris said...

There's something so peaceful about falling rain. Yes, it means we might not get to work outside but everything looks so green and pretty when it's finished. It's been a strange summer. Normally by this time we'd be in a drought and we certainly wouldn't have had the cool front we had earlier this week.

Georgiana Daniels said...

It's my most favorite weather!

Enjoy your writing day, and I'm sure you'll be ready to tend the garden tomorrow. Still looking forward to more pictures :)

Jessica Nelson said...

Today is finally sunny. :-) Enjoy the rain. I love the sound and smell of it.

Melissa Amateis said...

Writing and rain - an absolutely wonderful combination!

Erica Vetsch said...

I'm now humming the song. :)

It is amazing how different a rain is from a sprinkler.

Enjoy the indoor time. ;)

Terri Tiffany said...

And my husband went golfing so I can write too!
We get rain here every day in the summer but not the all day kind unless it is a hurricane. It is always nice to stay in and enjoy. Hope you do:)

Jody Hedlund said...

Hope you're getting lots done on this rainy day! If you're next to Michigan then more is headed your way! We have a rainy day today too!

Warren Baldwin said...

We had some rain last night, and in west Kansas that is beautiful!