Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Discovering the Evils of Blog Awards...

Err, I mean, the precious gift that they are.




Yesterday I was awarded the Superior Scribblers Award by blogger friend, Sherrinda, at A Writer Wannabe. I've been awarded one or two other blog awards in the past, but in an attempt to follow all the rules and post about it, they never got posted because...Blog Awards reveal my serious impatience.

This one is no different, other than that I'm determined to use it for today's post, so I'm struggling to make it work. All the cutting, pasting, tracking, is not for the easily frustrated, of which I am one. So, although I'm honoured that Sherrinda passed this award to me--Thank you very much Sherrinda! Really I do love being recognized by my blogging friends!--believe me when I say that I will not be the least disappointed if those I bestow this award upon simply smile, nod a little thank you, then forget all about it.

The blog award rules are as follows (which according to rule #5 I am required to post here.

Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.

Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.

Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.

Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we’ll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!

Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog. (BTW: These rules were supposed to be numbered, but of course, I couldn't get my blogger to do that correctly for me. It numbers everything all wrong, so I had to retract it. Geesh, is this a sign of a difficult day ahead?)


So, the 5 people I'm passing this prestigious award to, and in no particular order are:


Susan Mills, A Walk in My Shoes. Check out Mooch's story!

Jillian Anger, Sleep is Not Required. Jillian is not a novelist, but she writes more than I do some days in her scrapbooks and she creates wonderful layouts. Also, she's my little sister. That deserves an award in itself.

Susan, Notes from Innisfree. Susan has neat things to share on her blog. Like black mice stories and fun in the library.

Stephanie. I just started following Stephanie. Her blog stories make you think and want to be a better person.

Jordan McCollum. The wealth of knowledge shared on this blog is amazing! A must read for writers and networkers!

I would pass this award to everyone I love to visit in the blogosphere, but rules are rules, so I must stop here.

Have a blessed Wednesday, everyone! And Thank You, Lord, for getting me through this post! I think it's finally done! (I know, enough exclamation points now.)

Surrendering to Him,

Eileen

17 comments:

Stephanie Faris said...

This is just more proof that I'm making the right decision by switching from MySpace to Blogger. You guys are not only far superior in talent, you are SO kind and supportive of each other!

Jessica Nelson said...

I haven't heard of most of these blogs either! Looking forward to checking them out. :-)

I like getting blog awards but don't like following the rules. LOL So I usually say thanks but don't actually play the game (but I really am grateful, I just don't like having to choose people)
Congrats on getting it though! You truly are a superior scribbler. :-)

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Stephanie, I'm lucky to have found you. Thanks for sharing your talent in the blog world.

Jessica, I know exactly what you mean. This one's been around a while and by the time I get them, most have already received it. You would have been very deserving of it. You know that, right!!!

Katie Ganshert said...

Congrats Eileen! :)

Elana Johnson said...

Oooh, more blogs to follow. Thanks! And congrats on the award!

Jill Kemerer said...

Thanks for sharing your list, Eileen! I'll have to check them out!

Georgiana Daniels said...

Congratulations on your award. Very deserving :-) I'll have to check out the blogs on your list too!

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Thanks for stopping by, Katie, Elana, Jill, and Georgiana. You guys all deserve this award, some of you have already received it and I suspect from who was on Sherrinda's list, more of you will too.

I tried to pull out blogs I visit that don't seem to be established in one circuit with common commenters. I wanted to introduce a few new blogs that I really enjoy to some of my faithful bloggers who are more than worthy of this award too. That being all of you!

I hope you guys find some gold nuggets in the blogs mentioned, like I have.

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

Awww, Eileen, I never intended to burden you with the hassle of the award! Sorry about that, but you are most deserving of it! It's okay to receive the award and not play, I'm sure! :)

But I have to say, I love getting new blogs to seek out and make friends with.

Jody Hedlund said...

I'm with you on the difficulty with the blog award rules! Sorry to everyone for disobeying the rules! But that's my independent streak coming through! But they are definitely a way to show our support to each other!

Jeanette Levellie said...

Eileen: I understand. Sometimes blessings can become a challenge.
But...
I love exclamation points!!!! Never stop using them, they are fun and exciting!!!!!
Love,
Jen

Lily Whalen said...

Thanks for the Award, Eileen! Now I know what my next post must be about! :) And thanks for sending new visitors to my blog - I'll look forward to seeing them there!

Terri Tiffany said...

lol You are a lot like me and I'm glad you said that about awards--the linking back and pasting and all that are more than I like to mess with:) You did a great job though!

Jeannie Campbell, LMFT said...

congrats on the award! i just sent you your book today. the guy looked at me funny when he saw the postmark from MS. :)

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Sherrinda, honestly, I love that you chose me as one of your five. It is an honour! Not your fault that I'm a bit of a clutz with this stuff.

Jody, not playing is cool too. I've done that, but just felt I'd play this time despite the frustration.

Jeanette, I'm the exclamation queen. Can't get rid of them all!

Susan, I hope you're feeling much better from your accident by now. Happy blogging!

Terri, it sounds like more than a few of us have the same deal with awards. Love to receive, but following through becomes a bit of a hastle. Like Jen said, some good things in life are challenging.

Jeannie, I look forward to receiving it! Thanks for sending it out!

Susan R. Mills said...

Thank you so much, Eileen. Sorry I just now saw this. I hated Unplug Week! I missed so much. I don't think I'll do it again. Anyway, I'm with you about the difficulties that come along with an award. I was thrilled to receive my very first blog award ever, but it took me two hours to do my post about passing it on. Thank you for the compliment and you deserved the award whether you like participating or not!

Jordan McCollum said...

Thanks, Eileen! I was kind of surprised to find this here as I'm working on your site review, but I'm so glad you've enjoyed my blog so far!