Thursday, July 16, 2009

10K Word Day

Devotion, Bible reading and Prayer enjoyed. Downed two boiled eggs, have a bowl of raspberries and cherries cleaned and ready, a pot of coffee on, and water bottles chilling. Hubby's off to work, and the girls are away at horse camp. Canines are behaving nicely.

I'm set, ready, and typing away to attain at least 4,000 words, but aiming for closer to 10,000 words before hubby returns home from work.

Will I make it?

Will you make it? [Check out the challenge here if you care to join me. I'd love the company. A special thanks to Megan for revealing this challenge to me.]

Due to this crazy word challenge, I hope you don't mind me ducking out of cyber hopping today. I'll check in here periodically to drop my progress report into the comment section so I'll have statistics to go by for the next 10K challenge I endeavour.

Have a blessed day everyone, and may God infuse mounds of creativity into the minds and hearts of all facing today's 10K challenge.

Surrendering to Him,

Eileen

20 comments:

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Signing in at 6:38 to start writing.

Jody Hedlund said...

You can do it!! I'll be rooting for you!!

Jessica Nelson said...

Eeek! I can't believe your doing it too! LOL! Have fun. :-)

Krista Phillips said...

You can do it!!! I've done 7k in one very long saturday... but 10k would be awesome!

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies.

8:37 and I'm taking my first break. It's slow going so far, only 805 words in in the first two hours. But I'd rather have fewer useable words than hords of unuseable ones by the end of the day.

Katie Ganshert said...

How cool! You can do it! What a great/fun challenge, Eileen!

Georgiana Daniels said...

Hey, I really like your new pic!

You can do it--go Eileen!

Erica Vetsch said...

Wow! You go girl! 10K would be amazing!

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

I'm so impressed! There is no way I could write that much in one day! You go, girl!

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Checking in at 11:40. Started back at 9:10 and went until 11:38 and got another 1,689 words in. Total so far today: 2,494.

These are thought provoking scenes I'm working on so they're taking a toll on me and time.

Susan R. Mills said...

Good Luck! I'm trying it, too.

Jennifer Shirk said...

Hope you meet your goal!

Terri Tiffany said...

Can't wait to see if you make it!

Faith said...

Wow, good luck! During NaNoWriMo we often have the "10k Challenge" where you try to write 10,000 words in 5 hours... which is INSANE. I admit, I've never made it. Having the majority of the day to do it must be wonderful - all the best in the coming hours! You can do it :)

Erica Vetsch said...

Just checking back in to see how you were doing, Eileen. 2500 words so far is Hooray!!

I'm finally settling in to write today after an entire day of HURRY UP AND WAIT. Sigh.

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Forgot to check in at last break. I'm up to 3,677 words at 1:54 pm. I think I can make 5,000, but with date night with hubby, that'll be it.

I'll be super pleased with that though, it's the most I'll ever have written in a single day.

Katie Ganshert said...

5000 words is amazing Eileen! You can do it!!

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Hubby just called, he's on his way home. So I'm signing off at 5:35 pm with a total of 5,105 words logged today.

I'm a little brain dead. Hope that doesn't show on our date tonight.

Jeannie Campbell, LMFT said...

enjoy yourself tonight....you deserve to celebrate!

don't forget to check out the post i wrote in response to one of your questions about physical pain. i'm slowly working my way through the questions... :)

Susan R. Mills said...

Great job today! I'm a little jealous. I haven't even started writing, but at 9:00pm, that's all I'm doing. We'll see how much I come up with.