Friday, March 28, 2008

Tweaking your dreams into reality

I'm a dreamer.

I suppose every writer is a dreamer. But does every writer dream of such expensive things as I do? Doubt it.

Lately I've indulged in fantasizing about having a huge office constructed above our garage, just for me and my writing. My husband, on the other hand, dreams about retiring some day. Needless to say, I've had to revise my dream, tweak it, shall we say, to make it doable.

I have a sewing/craft room in the basement that will now become my writing office/sewing/craft room. It lacks daylight, but when I think of it, perhaps that's for the best. As the nicer weather approaches, if I saw the daylight, I would be tempted to wander outside likely, so not seeing it at all may bode better for my writing time, anyway. And being upstairs with all the 'domestic to do's' is quite distracting as well, so I likely need the basement room in the interest of accomplishing words without pulling my hair out while everything around me calls for my attention.

So, now that I've blogged about it, I intend to reorganize that room and create a little writing nook out of it. When I get it done, perhaps I'll take a picture and if I can figure out how to post pictures in these blog posts I'll do just that. Hopefully it will inspire others with limited space to create their own little writing nook too.

Blessings to all,

Eileen

No comments: