Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving/Christmas Recipe

Day three of Blog snippet week.

Continuing in the spirit of Christmas, and Thanksgiving, I'd like to offer a seasonal recipe favorite that our family enjoys.


Cranberry Jello Salad


1 small package raspberry jello
1 small package lemon jello
1 cup boiled water

Dissolve jello packages in boiled water.

Add 1 can whole cranberry sauce (14 oz can).

Beat on low speed with mixer for 2 to 3 minutes while hot.

Let thicken in fridge approximately 1/2 hour.

Stir in 1 14oz tin crushed pineapple (undrained) and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans.

Pour in mold and let set. (I do this the night before.)

Serves 12 people.

For those looking for a new Thanksgiving tradition in the food offering department, I hope this recipe works for you. I know my whole family loves it.

30 Days until we widely celebrate Jesus's Birthday on Christmas Day around the World!



Surrendering to Him,

Eileen

14 comments:

Tamika: said...

Eileen, you wold never believe that my brother, sister, and I fight every year of the cranberry sauce!

This recipe looks big enough to satisfy us all, thanks.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Jessica Nelson said...

Girl, you're such a baker. :-) Have a great holiday!

Wait... you already had Thanksgiving. Okay, now I need to reread this post. LOL

Joanne said...

Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving ... Enjoy!

Tabitha Bird said...

Oh sounds soooo good. You can come and cook for me anytime :)

Patti Lacy said...

Oh, I love love this but am making something different today.

4 cups cranberries
4 oranges, including peel!
2 apples
1 large piece ginger root
2/3 c. sugar
1 c. walnuts

Mix all, then put into food processor until coarse.

Oh, y'all, it sings of God's bounty, smells of orange blossoms and freshly grated ginger, tastes like ambrosia!!!!

Karen Lange said...

I may have to try this. It looks yummy! Happy Thanksgiving:)

Georgiana Daniels said...

This looks yummy! I wonder what it's like to eat at your house....

Jeannie Campbell, LMFT said...

mm. sounds different...and tangy. might have to give this one a try...but next year. i have no family here to enjoy it with me. :( but they will be here soon. :)

happy thanksgiving!
jeannie

KelliGirl said...

Eileen,
I'm in cooking mode today too.

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Enjoy the day with your family (and a break from writing).

Blessings,
Kelli

Katie Ganshert said...

Hmmm...I'm not a huge fan of cranberries. But my hubby is. He is one of the only people I know who eats them plain...like you'd eat grapes. It's WEIRD!

I know you're up in Canada, ay, but happy Thanksgiving anyway!

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Eileen -

I love the combination of cranberries and pineapple. I use this to make sweet and sour meatballs.

Congrats on your progress with NaNoWriMo! You're almost there. Only four days of writing 2,000 words would put you over the top!

Blessings,
Susan :)

Jody Hedlund said...

Sounds wonderful, Eileen! Looks like you're making great progress on NaNo!

Robyn Campbell said...

Eileen, I'll have to make this one. Sounds delicious. Thank you for sharing and thank you for everything. I am so glad we are blogging pals. I'm thankful for you.

God bless! :)

Just Joany said...

Mmmmm, that looks so yummy. I might almost be tempted away from cranberry sauce, a favorite of mine. Thank you. ~ Just Joany
Red Wagon Flights