Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Gift that Keeps on Giving

Day two of Blog snippet week.

In the spirit of Christmas, I'd like to suggest a gift that keeps on giving all year long.

What about a Family Daily Devotional book?

Imagine the quality time you and your family can have delving into short devotions that spur questions, pondering, and answers at breakfast time, over dinner, before bed, or any other time you choose through the day. Or maybe you only have family time on weekends, you can always sift through the week's selections and pick the one that speaks the most that week for your devotional time.

Here's just one for you to check out:

Amazon.com Link.

Is it time for a new devotional book for your family, or if you've not had luck with any actual Devotion books, what about reading a story together and pondering a chapter of it each session?

Many blessings prayed for you all as the American Thanksgiving approaches and thoughts of Christmas begin to seep in.

31 Days until we widely celebrate Jesus's Birthday on Christmas Day around the World!



Surrendering to Him,

Eileen

15 comments:

Jessica Nelson said...

That's a great idea! I'm very, very slowly working through the marriage devotional you sent me. Awesome stuff in there, really! It gives me a whole new view of what marriage really is.

Rebecca Nazar said...

I gave one to my mom last year. She loves it.

Jennifer Shirk said...

That's a great idea. I'd really like to get in the habit of doing one as a family.

Kara said...

I love the idea of a devotional. We do one each morning before we start our school day and it is a great way to start the day!

Joanne said...

Great idea, I like the idea of talking around the dinner table, pondering the thoughts together over a meal. It's a nice family connection.

Linda Kage said...

This is exactly something I know my mother would love. Thanks for the suggestion. You're a genius!

Karen Lange said...

Great gift idea, for any time of year, too. Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Terri Tiffany said...

I love devotionals--seems God always knows what I need to read at the right moment--and then I take it to my husband to read!

Cindy R. Wilson said...

Hey Eileen, I just saw your message--you're sweet to stop by. I am making the most of this unplug week, especially since it's the last full week of NaNo. Writing is going well. I am already beginning to lament that my story will be over soon and I will start to miss my characters :D How's writing going with you? That's a great idea to do these little snippets this week!

Tana said...

That's great! I love reading the children's one year bible each day with my kids. I need to look into that devotional. OXOX *now get writing ;)*

Lillian Robinson said...

Awesome idea!

Jill Kemerer said...

Devotional books are terrific. I really like the ones with several Bible passages and a short message.

Patti Lacy said...

Oh, I treasure the days where we gathered for family devotions. Our 21-year-old still comes in at night for prayers, but alas, the family devotion time seems to be a thing of the past.

Patti

Georgiana Daniels said...

I'd love a family devotions book. What a great idea! Now, if only we could all get in the same room at the same time...

PS. You have the best ideas!

Midlife Roadtripper said...

Advent devotionals are a great idea. I'm currently editing a Lenten devotional. Perhaps I'll say a prayer while putting up my Christmas decorations this week and next to remember why I'm doing so. No complacency in that statement at all.

Hope your Nano experience has been fruitful. Mine? A tad rough, but productive.