Thursday, May 14, 2009

Are You the Snoopy Dance Type or Tears of Joy Kind of Person?

Please forgive me for this very long post, but I must make it last. You'll see why.

I just discovered that I'm the Tears of Joy type.

The first phone call that came to me today was a cancellation for my 2:00 manicure appointment. I had planned to go to my nieces wedding with a beautiful french manicure. But not to be, I guess. I can handle that, I thought with a nudge of disappointment. I still have my flowing brown dress to wear at least.

Then my hubby phoned me just to say hi. He's such a thoughtful man.

Then I took a quick jaunt to the Church to put notices in several mailboxes for the Christian Ed. & Nurture team since I'll be in St. Catharines due to the wedding all weekend. After leaving our wonderful admin. assistant with a double double from Tim Hortons, I headed into town to pick up a Sympathy card for my pastor and her family, as her mother-in-law passed away suddenly last weekend and the visitation that hubby and I will be attending is this evening. I've been lifting prayers all week for this family.

In amongst all that, I was torturing myself the whole time, questioning how God calls me to write when I find it so painstakingly difficult to do these days. Nothing, and I mean nothing I put into my stories ever seems good enough lately. I found myself doubting the strength to keep doing what I know I'm called to do despite all the hardship it puts on me. My strength to persevere, to keep on going on has been at an infectious low lately. Again, I sigh, and tell myself not to think this way, just keep keeping on, Eileen, for Him.

Then I return home to a flashing two on my answering machine. The first is my lovely youngest sister all excited about the flower arrangements she's making for the wedding tomorrow. Jillian does beautiful work, so I know she has reason to be proud. Pooh on her computer, though, it's acting up so she can't send me pictures like we'd both like her to do.

I let the machine go to the next message, thinking I'll call Jillian right after listening to this one. A man's voice greets me. I'm quickly discovering that this man's voice is the next best voice to my own dear hubby's, God's aside, of course. Can you guess my news?

He announces himself as Jim Rubart (hope that's how you spell it), a Genesis Coordinator, and proceeds to tell me I'm a finalist. Then he gives pause with permission for a Snoopy Dance. What do I do instead?

I cried! TEARS OF JOY!

I think I'm finally feeling like I'm truly progressing in this very difficult writing journey. Praise be to God for shining this little light to guide me to keep on keeping on with this journey. Thank you, Lord, for giving me a boost just when I needed it.

And, yes, after trying to get hold of my dear hubby, I did call my sister back, and even waited to share my news until she was done sharing hers.

And I want to send out a special thank you to Kaye Dacus for her fabulous editing of this piece. I know God used her expertise to help me achieve this honor of finalling. Bless you, Kaye! And, of course, a Huge thank you needs to be sent to the dear Pearl Girls, my critique group, for helping me get it to the point of being ready for an editor like Kaye to work with. Thank You!

May God guide me in yet another round of revisions before I send it back off for the final round judges. My only goal in all of this is to please Him. May I not fail!


Surrendering to Him,

Eileen

19 comments:

Patti Lacy said...

How wonderful, Eileen! We Pearls have known it all along!!!!!!!!

Celebrate the moment. Snoopy dance going on in Normal, Illinois!!!!!

Patti

P.S. love the addition of music!!!

Lily Whalen said...

Many congratulations on finalling, Eileen! That is exciting, awesome news!!

I think I'm a Snoopy dance, fist in the air sort of person, but tears of joy are good, too :)

Terri Tiffany said...

WHOOO HOOO!!! I am SOOOO Totally excited for you!!! I am doing the happy dance over here for you:)))))) Awesome news that lifts you up!!!

Jennifer Shirk said...

What a wonderful story!!!

HUGE CONGRATS!!!

(I think I would have cried, too!) Then danced. LOL!

Jessica Nelson said...

Eeekkkk!!!!!

Yay! Congratulations! That's so exciting and what a wonderful confirmation. :-)

I'm definitely a whooping dancer!

This is pretty awesome news Eileen.

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Thank you, ladies. I just knew you'll all celebrate with me. Okay, now I'm in panic, face-kind'a-hurts-from-smiling-too-much mode.

I'm torn. I have a wedding tomorrow and a huge stag and doe that I'm helping to prepare the meal for on Saturday and am told I only have 48 hours to make the revisions once I receive the judges comments. When should I expect to receive them? I'm kind'a hoping not until Sunday some time, when the rush is over for the wedding stuff. Oh, well, God will work it all out, I know.

Jeanette Levellie said...

Oh, yessssss!!! I'm snoopy dancing inside, even though at work (i'm on a break).
Yay for God and yippee for Eileen, for not giving up!
So so so happy for you!!!
Blessings,
Jen

kaye dacus said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I knew when I read it that it was a piece that would take you far!

Jill Kemerer said...

That's wonderful Eileen!!! Yippee!! I just saw that Jody finalled, too--I'm so happy for you! Celebrate!!

Jody Hedlund said...

Eileen! I'm crying tears of joy for you too! Oh, Eileen! OK, I just need to email you!

Cindy R. Wilson said...

So much wonderful news today! Congratulations!

Valerie said...

Congrats, Eileen!!

Katie Ganshert said...

Your post made ME teary! I'm so incredibly happy for you Eileen! Congrats a thousand times over! Like I told Jody - you're on your way girl!

Amy DeTrempe said...

Congrats!!!!! That is wonderful news. I would be dancing too.

Erica Vetsch said...

Congratulations, Eileen! Snoopy Dance and cry tears of joy. We're dancing with you!

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

Eileeeeeen!!! I am so excited for you, girl! What an affirmation! Don't you just love it when God affirms you, especially when you are doubting? I knew you had it in you!

Tana said...

GOD BLESS YOU! BIG CONGRATS!!!!!!!

Keli Gwyn said...

Mega congrats, Eileen!! I'm sooo happy for you.

I Snoopy dance while I cry tears of joy and pinch myself at the same time.

I hope you enjoy the wedding and that everything works out so you can polish your manuscript too.

Georgiana Daniels said...

Hooray for tears of joy! I'm rejoicing with you, friend :-) Relish the moment!