Monday, March 23, 2009

Refreshed and Restored

March break complete, now school, work, schedules resume, regardless of whether we are ready.

The faithful canine slumber, sprawled over navy quilt, keeping watch as I enter into bible reading, devotionals, time of prayer, and eventually writing. If nothing else, my dogs return to routine without pause, hesitation, or regret. I could learn much from them.

Be content in whatever life offers.

Take each day, one at a time, each unto its own, with eagerness and acceptance. Be content.

May my contentment not enter my fictional world as I craft away, however, for that would make for a boring read, indeed.

Think conflict now, Eileen. For every page should have an element of unrest, something to be sought, resolved, discovered. A tugging for the pages to be flipped, devoured, enjoyed.

May we all be blessed with crafty imaginations today--God's masterful creativity that not only teaches, reveals His presence, but also entertains and delights the senses He so richly bestowed upon us.


Surrendering to Him,

Eileen

5 comments:

Jody Hedlund said...

Should I start praying for a little more conflict in your life so that your writing doesn't get boring? ;) Just kidding!

I'll pray you get back into a great writing mood and that you have a productive week!

Blessings!

Jessica Nelson said...

LOL Contented characters would be boring! :-)
This reminds me of that verse: Godliness with contentment is great gain. Or something like that. It's one of my favorites and def. something to embrace. Hope you have a lovely, peaceful day.
:-)

Jody Hedlund said...

BTW, I like your tunes!!

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

We have to have the conflict to find the peace, don't we?

I am struggling in my WIP, but think I have figured out a conflict to help it out! Fun, fun.

Eileen Astels Watson said...

I like that "We have to have the conflict to find the peace." Very cool!

Thanks, Jody! Glad you like the tunes. I find them very relaxing and meditative.

Jessica, I'm not familiar with that verse. Must look it up. Sounds wonderful, but not very helpful for my writing, I agree.