Saturday, March 7, 2009

One-Thousand Gifts

Ann Voskamp, a beautiful blog owner and writer, mother, farmer's wife, and humble servant to God's abundant grace, continues to add to her All's Grace list regularly. I've decided to join Ann in this very rewarding, eye-opening endeavor.

All too often I take for granted, even ignore, the bounty of gifts God has graciously provided me. There's an old adage that goes something like this: "What is one man's garbage is another man's treasure." Though I believe many of my treasures (gifts from God) would be valuable to all, there are numerous, I'm sure, that I alone hold close to my heart. So here I start on my One-Thousand Gifts, All's Grace list.

God, my Creator

Jesus, my Saviour

Hubby, my best friend

Daughter, my challenger

Daughter, my affirmer

Daughter, my pleaser

Family, those who helped shape me and mold me

Pets, loyal and endearing, who live on in my heart long past their earthly years

Scripture, more than a life's worth of true learning

Devotionals, a source of needed focus


For today, I will stop here and lift praise for all that is graciously given to me through Him.

If you feel so inclined, please join Ann Voskamp, like I have, in starting your own All's Grace list. See Ann's Gratitude Community for others acknowledging God's abundant grace in their lives.

Surrendering to Him,

Eileen

3 comments:

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

What a wonderful idea. I will have to start my own list later today after I get all my chores done. We are working as a family to do the yard and to clean out the game room. (Our big project for the week to prepare for a garage sale during spring break. Bleh!)

Jessica Nelson said...

That sounds interesting. What a great practice too.

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Helps you focus on the blessings--I'm all for that!