Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Home Remedies & Other Stuff

Ear ache, anyone?

I learned a new little home remedy I thought I'd share. If you catch the ache early, tilt your head to the side and drop a few drops of hydrogen peroxide inside your ear to enter the ear drum. Hold your head to the side for up to five minutes while the peroxide gurgles and sizzles inside your ear, then do the other ear. Only do once a day while signs remain.

Seriously, it's working. My throat and ear started aching yesterday and a barn friend let me in on this secret. The soreness is much less today. I'm taking Zinc lozenges for my throat, too.

Anyway, I had a great photo to put on this post but for some reason Blogger won't let me upload it. So plain old words greet you here instead.

I'm a busy beaver these days, so my postings are few and far between it seems. Sorry. And, I'm even sorrier that I haven't been able to get around to many blogs at all lately. I'm turning comments off on these new posts until I get back into full force here. Talk to you over at your blog as I get there.

Also, regarding writing Incidents instead of scenes. Just wanted to touch on this as some questions where left in the comments of the last post. Smith doesn't really give a different definition for Incident than scene writing, he just prefers to think of scenes as incidents. When you think of it, an incident has one telling thing or action to it that generally has fall outs or causes a change, and so I think that's why he likes to think of scenes as incidents. If we make sure each scene is around an incident that shifts things one way or another than we won't write flat scenes. Hope that makes sense.

Till next time, may the spring/summer flowers greet you with a smile, and may good health be with you!

Surrendering to Him,

Eileen