By Monday, May 2nd, I hope to begin my journey of bouncing from step three to step four until I earn a firm standing on the prestigious top step.
Goal setting is not new to me, but by laying all of it out here, having all you dear writing buddies witness this, and thus giving you the ability to call me on it is terrifying. I'm thinking I'm more vested in this goal planning now than I've ever been before or I wouldn't be so scared.
Okay, so while inhaling a load of earth thaw and horse waste outside the stable this week as my girls rode, I created a pros and cons list to make a wise and informed decision on which story I should really be tackling first. Turns out it isn't the one I've been working on since returning from my sabbatical. Hence the change in the meter on the side bar.
So, I'm truly starting from scratch for my May goals.
May's Writing Goals:
1. Assess merits of GMC of my first draft of The Unlikely One. (I'm a SOTP writer, need I say more?)
To do this, I need to:
- Read first draft--it's been well over a year since I looked at this novel
- Create road map of story as it stands
- Note weaknesses and highlight desired fixes in road map
May's Writing Related Goals
- Post on Blog minimum of 2x/week
- Keep up with critique submissions
- Research agents and editors attending the 2011 ACFW conference to figure out who I would like to try and meet with there
- Register for ACFW Writer's conference, book hotel room and flight
May's Reading List:
- Emily March's Heartache Falls
- Catherine West's Yesterday's Tomorrow
- Laura Frantz's Courting Morrow Little
May's Personal Goals (I have lots, but I'm only sharing a few here)
- Exercise 5 days a week (walking or working out--minimum 30 minutes/day)
- Intake minimum 4 cups of water per day
- Stay away from processed foods
So that's my goals for May. Now, how can I help you stay accountable to your goals? I'll be lifting us all in prayer with a special emphasize on God sending us Angels to help us "stick to it".
As the May flowers bloom may our writing sprout in leaps and bounds as well!
Surrendering to Him,Eileen