Friday, September 9, 2011

Seize those Opportunities

On the inside of my daughter's Ariat riding belt, the following is engraved: "Opportunities multiply as they are seized."

Sabrina's eyes lit up when she noticed those words. It was like whipped cream on top of a delicious piece of cake for her. You see, the leather belt is embossed with flowers on the front and has blingy silver eyelets running across the top and bottom, so it's quite beautiful for all to see. To discover such encouragement hidden inside, for just the wearer to know, made her day. Imagine if the maker of this never seized the opportunity to engrave such encouragement inside, would my daughter still have purchased the belt? Probably, because she loved the look of it, but she'd not be near as optomistic as she is now when she wears it.

Let us seize opportunities to write, so that we may seize opportunities to edit, so that we may seize opportunities to seek agents, so that agents may seize opportunities to seek publishers for our books, so that publishers may seize opportunities to share our stories with the world.

See, it really does work.

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."

May your weekend be enlightening and may angels guide opportunities your way!

P.S. I'm trying to reach that golden number of 25 "likes" on my Facebook Writer's Page. If you wouldn't mind popping over, please "like" it and I'll go searching for yours to "like" too.

Surrendering to Him,

Eileen

12 comments:

Tabitha Bird said...

wise words. I look and I hope I will have the courage to sieze.

Jessica R. Patch said...

Lots of good stuff in this post! Seize the opportunities! Awesome. Truth is what really counts, usually is past the bling and outer appearance, and on the inside!

Excellent! And I "like" your writer page!! Didn't I? I did. :)

Keli Gwyn said...

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized." What a powerful message.

I've already "like" your page. Looks like you only need 6 more at this point, and then you can get your own URL. =)

Loree Huebner said...

Wonderful story. Thanks for sharing it. Such a powerful message in such few words.

I love when we find the little hidden messages meant only for us to read. Have a great weekend!

Jill Kemerer said...

I love this, Eileen! In fact, I'm wearing a delicate gold necklace with a cross today. Subtle reminders make all the difference!

Wendy Paine Miller said...

I "like" you & I'm all about seizing opportunities. Life has taught me to appreciate even the little kid kisses and dog barks.

Some of the littlest things are best to seize.
~ Wendy

Anita said...

You're a good motivator and encourager to your writer peers.

And, a wonderful example for your daughter. :)

Jessica Nelson said...

WOW. I love that hidden message. My original engagement ring had I love you inscribed on the inside. It always seemed like a special secret for me. lol

Jeanette Levellie said...

Oh, that is so cool that they engraved this inside a belt! I love their creativity.

On my way to like your page. Mine is Author Jeanette Levellie

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Hidden messages are the best, they're like a prize, aren't they? And when they give you a more positive outlook, they're a very special prize.

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Eileen -

What a wonderful boost for your daughter!

You're right about seizing opportunities. I've let a few pass me by, and regretted it.

Blessings,
Susan :)

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

What a great quote and I love that it was a hidden message. My daughter would love that surprise too.