And I'm getting excited with it being just over three months away now. Seriously, when you get to be my age, three months gets swept up like a feather in a tornado.
So now I'm tackling the "what to do" list to prepare for the auspicious ACFW Writer's Conference to be held in St. Louis this year. (The pic here is me and blogging buddings at the 2009 ACFW Writer's Conference in Denver, Colorado during the awards ceremony night.) It's such a great time to meet up with people in person that you normally only interact with in cyber land. There's nothing like it for socializing and learning with like-minded friends. I'm booked. Are you?
To prepare, I'm working on:
- Putting the shine on "chosen" story for this year's conference. (Which is being a real pill to do for some reason. Prayers are always welcome!)
- Checking my business card stock. (You'll want to pass these out to all the wonderful people you meet that you'll want to keep in touch with thereafter.)
- Creating a one-sheet for said "chosen" story.
- Working on my elevator pitch.
- Doing self-confidence building as I tend to lack in this area.
- Lots of praying for conference to be all God wants it to be for all attendees.
- Reviewing pics from last conference so I don't take all the same clothes again this year.
- Battling those added pounds so I can afford to go to conference. Conference, accommodation, and flight is expensive enough, a new wardrobe for it isn't in the budget and I can't live in sweats while there! :( I've really come to appreciate elastic waste bands the last while, sadly!)
So that's my list so far. Did I forget anything? If so, please share so I'm not rushing last minute to get it done.
I sure hope to see many of you in St. Louis in September. It truly is an amazing conference for writers to grow in their craft and interact with like-minded people. If you're teetering about whether or not to attend, spend time in prayer and ask previous attendees questions to help you decide. I hope it turns out to be your year to attend!
Till next time, may writing flow smoothly for you, and may decision making come easy!Surrendering to Him,