I was tagged by Kalea to come up with Seven Random Bookish Things, so here it goes:
1. My all time favourite book and movie (the four-hour edition) is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin.
2. I always have at least two, but usually three books on the go. A novel (usually a Christian romance), a book on the craft of writing, and/or a self-help, motivational type of book.
3. In high school I plotted stories, what at the time I had envisioned as movie scripts, in shorthand. They're stored in my hope chest on steno pads, but I can't read any of them now. Talk about encryption!
4. I can only write in silence. No radio, no background noise from kids. Nadda. Funny, considering I'm generally a multi-tasker.
5. I'm a very slow reader. I generally don't skim, but read every single word. I retain a lot this way, but it's certainly costly time wise.
6. I'm horrible at remembering to return books to libraries, and as a result I don't often utilize those facilities anymore.
7. I have a difficult time letting go of a book I like. Whether it has repeat read value or not, I tend to hold on to it. Imagine how cluttered my bookshelves are, and how many we have in our home. No, I'm not telling.
Okay, that's my seven random bookish things, now for the rules and to tag another seven blogs.
Who shall I tag to hopefully discover seven bookish things from them?
Jillian @ Sleep Is Not Required (I think I know what kind of books Jillian's going to be referring to.)
Emma @ Emma Eldon Blogspot
Becky @ Becky Melby's Blogspot
Wendy @ Wendalyn Loves to Write
Bonnie @ Fiction Matters
Sue @ Sue Mason's Blog
Jessica @ BookingIt
I look forward to reading all the wonderful bookish things divulged through this meme.
42 days left this year to reflect and celebrate our Saviour's birth.