Monday, October 20, 2008

National Novel Writing Month Is Just Around The Corner

Ever heard of NaNoWriMo?

November is National Novel Writing Month. A month where writers all over the world work to create a novel in one month.

In the words of the official organization : "National Novel Writing Month is a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to novel writing. Participants begin writing November 1. The goal is to write a 175-page (50,000-word) novel by midnight, November 30."

Last year I wrote the first draft of For Better or For Worse? (one of my Olive Series stories) during November. This year, I have a slight head start, I'm up to 2,500 words of The Unlikely One, but discovering that I really need to do some character sketching and GMC charting for it before I continue writing. So, although, I won't be writing this year as a die-hard seat-of-your-pantster, I will be participating in NaNoWriMo, and hope to see The Unlikely One grow to a good size during the month of November. Due to time restraints, I may not make the 50,000-word organization goal, but I'll do my best, that's for sure.

What about you? Have you ever dreamed of writing a novel? If so, please join me during November, sign up at NaNoWriMo, and let the writing begin on November 1, 2008.


Blessings,

Eileen



66 days left to reflect and celebrate our Saviour's birth.

2 comments:

kalea_kane said...

That is awesome, Eileen! I wish you the best!

Unknown said...

I am going to be participating in NaNoWriMo for the first time this year. I am excited about the challenge!